Linking Research and Practice
- Support a strategic and ethical approach to HIV and sexual health research involving African communities in theUK.
- Establish research priorities for all areas of HIV and sexual health research with African people in theUK, including:
- Health Services Research
- Psycho-social Research
- Biomedical Research
- Facilitate implementation of research findings
- Lead on information exchange on HIV research and knowledge transfer between healthcare workers, policy-makers, researchers and African people living with HIV.
- Collate and disseminate information about research funding opportunities.
- Increase engagement and participation of people who identify as Africans, (as well as their communities), throughout the research process.
- Increase research capacity among HIV, sexual health and African communities, including Africans living with and affected by HIV.